Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maple Grove Cemetery, Valley Center, Kansas

A while ago I wrote about a cemetery I found in Kansas. I still wonder about it often. I was happy to discover that others are concerned about this graveyard as well. I found a recent article on the internet today, thanks to my sister in law, Susan Follis.
Maple Grove Cemetery in Valley Center, Kansas might just get some attention. It appears from this story that there really are many people buried there without a marker. I am always touched when I discover that a grave is stone-less.
It illustrates that we should never give up when we are looking for our ancestors because maybe some other good soul might discover their final resting place and write about it, list it, log it and place it on Find A Grave or another spot where it can be found again.

No comments:

A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits