Monday, July 19, 2010

Isaac Denton Stockton

Isaac Denton Stockton is buried in Sunnyslope Cemetery in Corona, CA. If he has any relatives nearby I can’t identify them. On the cemetery records the manner of death is “crushed by a sliding wall of clay” at Filmore, California.
As I researched him I wondered why he was buried in Corona. He didn’t appear in any Corona census. I checked the family trees at all the popular web sites and none of his family names appeared in the Corona cemetery or on the Corona City Federal census. I was very puzzled.
FamilySearch shows him married to Bernice Leola in 1914. His draft registration shows him single, not widowed, in 1917. However, the draft registration gave me the information I wanted: he did live in Corona. He worked for his father on the farm north of Corona center on Harrison Street.
I love to see the description on the draft registrations. Denton, as he was called, was short, had blue eyes, brown hair and was hard of hearing.
I’ll bring you a flower now and again, Denton.

No comments:

A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits