Saturday, July 24, 2010

From My Family Album, Fred and Grace Boller


Buried at the Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in San Diego are my maternal grandparents. Fred and Grace Boller lived a quiet life. They never spoke to me about their life before they came to California in 1947.
A couple of years ago I went to their hometowns in New York. It was a wonderful experience. I went to the homes that they had lived in. I visited the libraries and researched the newspapers. I was even able to speak to a old timer that remembered my grandfather, although the man, now an old man himself, was a little boy at the time. I visited my grandfather's hardware store in Corning, New York.
They raised four children, had 11 grandchildren, with greats and greatgreats coming along at regular intervals. I hope they are looking down and are proud of us.

1 comment:

Claudia Lawrence said...

hi Diane, nice post & good blog, i think u must try this site to increase traffic. have a nice day !!!

A Member of The Association of Graveyard Rabbits